About

Welcome to English and Learning with Ms Mac. Here you will find planning information and learning support materials for your study of English. (and even some useful ideas for studying any subject!)

Share your knowledge and skills. Ask questions. Challenge the thinking of others.

Get connected through the telling of stories. In the crafting of text – your own and that of others – see the world and its inhabitants revealed.

Reading, writing, thinking………….

Participating , relating, managing.

Are you ready:

• To share comments from students, teachers and others about books they are reading?
  • To suggest interesting and helpful websites and links?
  • To share your writing in public?
  • To access documents to support your learning?
  • To become part of a learning community?

What are you reading? Leave a comment to share your reading recommendations or post your English learning news and views.

9 thoughts on “About

1. Thanks for that Rebecca. A lot of students have been asking about books about children during WW2 so this will be a useful one to tell them about.

2. im at the moment reading the robert muchamore series and would recomened them to people who do not read very often and to people who do.

3. I’ll share your opinion with other students – especially those who aren’t that keen on reading. It sounds like these books will appeal to everyone.

4. Am currently reading “Handbook of research on educational communications and technology, (Spector, 2014)”. Quite a long tome and incredibly rich and dense.
    Not possible if I had not persevered in my reading. Especially in my first year of studying education. I read books by this guy Vygotsky, a Russian who was a genius. Problem was I couldn’t understand a word of it. I read pages, chapters even and I just couldn’t understand what the hell it was about. The more I read the angrier I got and the more stubborn, that I WAS going to get this. After weeks of reading aloud to my girlfriend and both of us confused beyond words, it finally clicked. I finally started to get the gist, and the more I read the more I understood.
    Am currently reading “Handbook of research on educational communications and technology, (Spector, 2014)”. Quite a long tome and incredibly rich and dense.